As a district, we are committed to providing transparent, accurate data regarding cases of COVID-19 related to the school environment while also maintaining the ongoing confidentiality of our students and staff.
The data below represents the number of ACTIVE, POSITIVE COVID-19 cases in district schools and buildings as officially confirmed and reported to the district by Dubuque County Public Health Department, Visiting Nurse Association, Iowa Department of Public Health or a licensed medical healthcare provider.
- data is updated daily Monday through Friday (individuals who will end isolation over a weekend will be removed from the dashboard on Friday in advance of the start of the next week when they are no longer considered active)
- a case is removed from the list once it is no longer considered active (10 days following the onset of symptoms or 10 days from the date the positive test was administered if the individual is asymptomatic)
- contact tracing occurs following each positive test result and any individual in close contact (within 6 feet or closer for 15 minutes or more) will be notified and instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days
- the district will always maintain the confidentiality of student/staff and no data will be provided that could be linked to identifiable information
- 9/2 Update: As we begin the school year, the district has been informed of a small number of positive cases involving individuals who have not been in attendance during this school year. Because this dashboard is designed to provide information to families regarding the impact of COVID-19 on the school community, these cases are not included in the data below because they have never been in attendance and do not pose any exposure possibilities to students or staff in the school environment.
Data below current as of 1:50 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25.
* The student total includes the approximate number of students enrolled in the district’s hybrid learning program, as well as students in the fully online program who are participating in school activities.
** The staff total includes the approximate number of full- and part-time employees, excluding substitute teachers.
|Alta Vista Campus||0||0||0||0||1||1|
Note: Students/staff in the district’s fully online program are only included in the report above if they are also participating in school activities in person or are at work in a district facility during the time of being considered active positive.