January 5, 2020:
Dubuque Community School District Launches VERTEX Career and College Readiness Initiative Read the full announcement.
VERTEX is an initiative of the Dubuque Community School District designed to help students discover where their interests and future possibilities intersect – all to help them reach the highest point of their individual journey to success.
There isn’t one path to a student’s success,
but there is one direction — UP!
VERTEX is designed around a core principle that career and college readiness is about more than just one experience. We believe that to best serve our students, it is our responsibility to help them see the vast possibilities before them. This process begins in middle school and continues through high school – always looking at providing experiences that get progressively deeper over time, moving through three key areas of awareness, exploration and application.
Programs and Partners
VERTEX brings together a variety of current Dubuque Community School District programs that connect students with employers in real-world work experiences including:
- Work-Based Learning Program
- School-to-Work Program
- Summit Program
- Transition Alliance Program (TAP)
- Housing Education and Rehabilitation Training (HEART) Program
- Iowa Jobs for America’s Graduates (iJAG) Program
The district also works closely with many partners to bolster career and college exploration including:
- Career Learning Link in partnership with Northeast Iowa Community College
- Tech WORKS in partnership with Dubuque Area Labor Management Council
- Greater Dubuque Development Corporation
- City of Dubuque
- Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation
VERTEX [vur-teks} n.
1. the highest point of something; apex; summit; top:
2. a point where two or more line segments meet.
Visit the career exploration page to check out career clusters organized by service area and access Kuder Navigator, the district’s career information system, and Future Ready Iowa resources.
Learn about the student experiences available in the areas of awareness, exploration and application.
If your business/organization is interested in partnering in the VERTEX Initiative, or for additional program details, contact David Moeller, Educational Support Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563/552-3082.
Educational Support Leader