MEAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Following changes by the federal government, meals at school will NO LONGER be free for all students. For the 2022-2023 school year, families wishing to receive MEAL ASSISTANCE fall into three main categories:
DIRECT CERTIFICATION: a household member receives federal SNAP or FIP benefits; receives a DHS letter; is homeless; a runaway or migrant; is a foster child.
- Regardless of where your student attends, free or reduced-priced meals are automatic and no additional meal assistance form is needed.
IF NOT DIRECTLY CERTIFIED:
COMMUNITY ELIGIBILITY PROVISION: a household member attends Alta Vista Campus, Audubon, Hoover, Jefferson, Lincoln, Marshall, Prescott, Washington.
- ALL students in these schools receive no-cost meals, regardless of income and no additional meal assistance form is needed.
FREE AND REDUCED-PRICED MEALS: a household member attends Bryant, Carver, Eisenhower, Hempstead, Irving, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Sageville, Senior, Table Mound.
- Students in these schools who are not directly certified must complete the Free and Reduced-Priced Meals Application and meet federal income guidelines to receive meal assistance.
FEE WAIVER APPLICATION
Based on federal income eligibility guidelines, households may also qualify to have district FEES WAIVED OR REDUCED. Families wishing to receive a FEE WAIVER must waive confidentiality of household income eligibility status by completing a fee waiver application.
Depending on your meal assistance category above, complete ONE fee waiver application PER HOUSEHOLD (listing all school-aged children in the household).
DIRECT CERTIFICATION and COMMUNITY ELIGIBILITY PROVISION:
- To apply for a fee waiver, complete the Fee Waiver Application.
FREE AND REDUCED-PRICED MEALS:
- The fee waiver application is included when completing the Free and Reduced-Priced Meals Application.
Are you eligible for meal assistance or fee waiver benefits?
Find out by reviewing the income chart below.
2022-2023 Federal Income Guidelines Chart
|Household Size||Yearly||Monthly||Twice per Month||Every Two Weeks||Weekly|
|Each additional person:||8,732||728||364||336||168|
NOTE: Families are required to submit appropriate paperwork EACH YEAR to receive meal assistance and fee waiver benefits with eligibility determined by the federal income eligibility guidelines for that school year.