As a district, we are committed to providing transparent, accurate data regarding cases of COVID-19 related to the school environment while also maintaining the ongoing confidentiality of our students and staff.
The data below represents the number of ACTIVE, POSITIVE COVID-19 cases in district schools and buildings as reported to the district by Dubuque County Public Health Department, Visiting Nurse Association, Iowa Department of Public Health, a licensed medical healthcare provider, or self-reported from an individual family or staff member. These numbers are accurate to the best of the district’s abilities, and timing of results will vary based on the testing source and when the district receives reports of positive cases.
As the school year begins, this dashboard includes confirmed positive staff and student COVID-19 cases of individuals considered to be infectious in a school environment on August 20 or later, once students were in attendance. Those not in a school setting during the time they were considered an exposure are not included on the dashboard.
- data is updated daily Monday through Friday (individuals who will end isolation over a weekend will be removed from the dashboard on Friday in advance of the start of the next week when they are no longer considered active)
- a case is removed from the list once it is no longer considered active (10 days following the onset of symptoms or 10 days from the date the positive test was administered if the individual is asymptomatic)
- contact tracing occurs following each confirmed positive case and any individual in close contact (within 6 feet or closer for 15 minutes or more) will be notified to monitor for symptoms and follow the appropriate quarantine guidelines
- the district will always maintain the confidentiality of student/staff and no data will be provided that could be linked to identifiable information
NOTE: Data on the dashboard is current as of 1 p.m. each day the dashboard is updated. This timing is in order to accommodate notifications about a mask requirement before the conclusion of the school day, should one be necessary to temporarily put in place based on the percentage of active, positive cases in a building.
Page updated at 2:40 p.m. on Wednesday, December 8, 2021.
* The student total includes the approximate number of students enrolled in the district’s in-person learning as well as students in the fully online program who are participating in school activities.
** The staff total includes the approximate number of full- and part-time employees, excluding substitute teachers.
|Alta Vista Campus||1||0||0||0||1||2||0.70%|
Note: Students/staff in the district’s fully online program are only included in the report above if they are also participating in school activities in person or are at work in a district facility during the time of being considered an active positive.