2020-2021 Meal Pick-up Sites
Whether you are beginning this school year in the hybrid learning model or fully online, the Dubuque Community Schools Food and Nutrition Department is excited to serve students nutritious, healthy meal!
EXCITING NEWS: The Dubuque Community School District is pleased to announce that beginning Monday, Sept. 21, ALL STUDENTS in the Dubuque Community School District will receive NO-COST meals at school thanks to an extension of the USDA Summer Food Service Program.
No-cost meals will continue for students until December 31 OR until funding for the program is depleted. When we are notified that the program will be ending, we will share that information with families.
All funds currently on meal accounts will remain in place and will be available for use after the extension ends.
- All students will have the option of a breakfast and a hot or cold lunch at the school they attend. All meals will meet USDA guidelines.
- Beginning Monday, Sept. 21, there will be no-cost for student meals
- Students will still be able to purchase milk-only or a la carte items with available funds on their meal account.
Hybrid Program At-Home Days AND Fully Online Students
No-cost meal service will be available at four Grab n’ Go meal sites to all students on at-home or fully online school days, as well as any individual 18 or under (with no infant formula or food served), regardless of whether or not they are enrolled in a district school:
- Fulton Elementary School (located in the bus drive up lane): 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Prescott Elementary School (located in the bus drive up lane): 11-11:30 a.m.
- Washington Middle School (located at the south side main building entrance): 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Hempstead High School (located in the back parking lot near the Vizaleea Drive exit): 11-11:30 a.m.
All “Grab n’ Go” meal bags will consist of a breakfast meal and a lunch meal that meets USDA meal guidelines.
In order to help properly account for distribution, we still encourage the use of elementary student meal cards and middle/high school ID cards when getting meals from a Grab n’ Go location.
LOST MEAL CARDS?
- Elementary students should contact the food and nutrition office for replacement cards at (563)552-3235 for replacement.
- Middle or high school students who misplace their ID should contact their school for a replacement.