High School Online Resources
- Web Comic Books
- Common Lit
- Audible Free audiobooks for students.
- IXL An online resource helping students build language arts and communication skills.
- Article of the Week
- www.virtualnerd.com Teens can also look around their home and price items (from advertisements, online resources) and then create their own store to shop and stay within their budget.
- Linear and Exponential Growth and Decay For all math levels.
- Factoring Quadratics Geometry enrichment for higher math levels.
- Strategies for Factoring Geometry enrichment for higher math levels.
- Factoring by Grouping Geometry enrichment for higher math levels.
- IXL Math Use for procedural fluency practice, not conceptual understanding.
- Exponent Properties involving Products For all math levels.
- Right Triangle Trig Geometry enrichment for higher math levels.
- Online Simulations
- Scishow Youtube Channel
- STEMscopes Games Login using your district username and student ID number. Games are found on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- NOVA labs
- Kids National Geographic Science videos, activities, and resources.
- Science Flix Provides 60+ complete units, through movies, interactive features, varied text features, and hands-on activities. Students access this through Keystone AEA website.
- Virtual Lab Simulations
- National Geographic Videos
- CNN 10 Watch and discuss what you saw with someone else.
- New York Times Lesson of the Day
- Teaching Tolerance Find many activities to learn about social justice.
- Smithsonian Education History, culture, art: interactive resources, videos and tools.
- National Geographic See articles and videos about a plethora of topics.
- Virtual Tours of National Parks
- Word Reference for unknown vocabulary
- Quizlet Continue with practicing vocabulary via flaschcards/ create your own quizlet account and make your own
- Conjuguemos Practice some grammar/ structure (click on ‘use without and account and then go to the ‘library’ to find your language
- duolingo Download the app and practice your target language
- French 1-2 vocab list | French 3-4 vocab list | French 5-6 vocab list | French 7-8 vocab list
- News in Slow French
- French Learning Calendar
- French Audio Lingua
- Top 10 places to visit- France
- Nachrichtenleicht (easy news)
- The Independent
- News in Slow German
- Herr Antrim
- German Audio Lingua
- Top 10 places to visit- Germany (option 1) OR Germany (option 2)
- Spanish 1-2 vocab list | Spanish 3-4 vocab list | Spanish 5-6 vocab list | Spanish 7-8 vocab list
- Essential verbs- Spanish 1-2
- Notes in Spanish
- News in Slow Spanish
- Spanish Audio Lingua
- University of Texas at Austin – Spanish proficiency guides
- Top 10 places to visit- Spain (option 1) OR Spain (option 2)
English Language Learners:
- Newcomer / Beginner: duolingo | Learning Chocolate
- Intermediate / Advanced: Vocabulary | Using English Quizzes
- 99% Invisible Watch episodes, listen to podcasts, and/or read articles about “all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world” and discuss what you learned with family or friends.
- Career Exploration Start exploring career clusters! Kuder Navigator, the district’s career information system, helps students explore and prepare for various options after high school. Students take assessments beginning in middle school that identifies their interests, skills and work values that are matched up to career clusters, pathways and occupations. Students login through Clever Portal.
- StoryCorps A public service dedicated to collecting, preserving, and sharing people’s stories in order to build connections between people. Stories get uploaded to the Library of Congress for preservation. Consider participating.
- At Home Physical Education Activities
- The Body Coach
- Learn the American Heart Society Dance Routine
- 30 Days of Yoga
- Free Art Lessons for Kids and Adults Choose from a variety of art projects you can do right at home.
- Design Your Own Theme Park Imagineering in a Box is designed to pull back the curtain to show you how artists, designers and engineers work together to create theme parks. Go behind the scenes with Disney Imagineers and complete project-based exercises to design a theme park of your very own.
- Create Taste Safe Paint
- Create Ice Cube Watercolors
- Art 21 Cai Guo-Qiang
- Edgar Mueller
- MoMA Learning
- Visit an online design museum or attraction:
- Analyze a song: Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
- Watch a video: How to Analyze Songs Video
- Grammy Museum
- Music Theory Sharpen your music theory skills with interactive lessons and drills. Good for beginning musicians through AP Music Theory students.
- London Symphony Orchestra Experience a live orchestral concert from multiple points of view.
- Free Piano Method Learn music theory (to read and understand music) and piano skills. If you don’t have a piano or keyboard at home, you can use this virtual one.
- Groove Pizza Explore a variety of rhythms along with fractions and angle degrees. Play with pre-made rhythms or create your own and save it as an mp3.
Social Emotional Engagement:
Family Check Ins:
- Feelings Words Vocab List (PDF)
- Stop, Breathe & Think for Kids Mindfulness, Breathing and Meditation web app
- Mindful Coloring Online
- SEL Resources for Parents and Caregivers during COVID-19
- Coronavirus Social Story
- School Closure Tool Kit