Middle School Online Resources
- Web Comic Books
- ReadWriteThink Resources: Interactive Reading & Writing activities | Printouts / Graphic Organizers to support reading & writing
- Scholastic (Grades 6-12) (Week 1)
- Audible Free audiobooks for students.
- Reading & Fluency Strategies for Parents
- Reading & Fluency Strategies 2
- Review Safety Signs and Meaning
- Scholastic (Grades 6-12) (Week 2)
- Scholastic (All Grade Levels) To accommodate various learning levels, families may choose text readability level for each activity.
- IXL An online resource helping students build language arts and communication skills.
- Math Tutorials: www.virtualnerd.com
- Khan Academy
- ST Math Students login through Clever Portal
- IXL Math Use for procedural fluency practice, not conceptual understanding.
- Khan Academy (Illustrative Math)
- Virtual Lab Simulations
- NOVA labs
- Kids National Geographic
- Science Flix Provides 60+ complete units, through movies, interactive features, varied text features, and hands-on activities. Students access this through Keystone AEA website.
- Science Simulations
- National Geographic Videos
- CNN 10 Watch and discuss what you saw with someone else.
- iCivics Find multiple games and other activities to learn about civics and government in the U.S.
- Teaching Tolerance Find many activities to learn about social justice
- FreedomFlix A behind-the-scenes look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world. Students access this through Keystone AEA website.
- National Geographic Kids Explore maps and countries.
- History Channel: This Day In History See what happened on this day in history, as well as exploring other resources from the History Channel.
- Google Earth
Exploratory (Grades 7 + 8):
- EVERFI Personal Finance Online Lessons Students login through Canvas and visit their exploratory class. Instructions on how to create accounts and get started will be available by Friday, March 27.
- Continue EVERFI Personal Finance Online Lessons to completion as directed on your exploratory Canvas course.
- Mindfulness Poses
- Go Noodle
- Physical Education TV
- The Body Coach (Week 1)
- American Heart Association Heart Hero Moves
- At Home Physical Education Activities
- The Body Coach (Week 2)
- Free Art Lessons for Kids and Adults Choose from a variety of art projects you can do right at home.
- View from My Day Activity Participate in a drawing activity in which you record the place you interact with. Choose, observe, create, and share.
- Create Taste Safe Paint
- Create Ice Cube Watercolors
- Google Arts and Culture
- Draw Kids Draw
- Analyze a song: Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
- Watch a video: How to Analyze Songs Video
- Grammy Museum
- Music Theory Sharpen your music theory skills with interactive lessons and drills. Good for beginning musicians through AP Music Theory students.
- London Symphony Orchestra Experience a live orchestral concert from multiple points of view.
- Free Piano Method Learn music theory (to read and understand music) and piano skills. If you don’t have a piano or keyboard at home, you can use this virtual one.
- Groove Pizza Explore a variety of rhythms along with fractions and angle degrees. Play with pre-made rhythms or create your own and save it as an mp3.
Social Emotional Engagement:
Family Check Ins:
- Feelings Words Vocab List (PDF)
- Stop, Breathe & Think for Kids Mindfulness, Breathing and Meditation web app
- Mindful Coloring Online
- SEL Resources for Parents and Caregivers during COVID-19
- Coronavirus Social Story
- School Closure Tool Kit