Last night, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds updated her Public Health Disaster Proclamation, which included modifications to the spectator guidelines for high school sports.
Social distancing requirements are still in place at high school events. Based on the latest update to the proclamation, the following spectator guidelines will be in place for district events effective immediately:
- Admission will still be limited based on available capacity, with students and families of participants receiving priority.
- There will be NO general admission tickets available to the general public.
- All spectators MUST have an approved wristband to acquire admission to the event.
- Masks are REQUIRED to be worn by spectators at all times
- All spectators should practice appropriate social distancing and abide by posted signage and directions from event staff.
- Individuals are asked to stay home if:
- Exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have a temperature of 100.4 or above.
- Awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past ten (10) days or have been a close contact to someone who has COVID-19 in the past ten (10) days.
Thank you for your continued support of our students as we work to keep our extracurricular activities as safe as possible!