The Dubuque Community School District was recently recognized for its communication efforts at the 2021 Iowa School Public Relations Association (ISPRA) Communication Contest, honoring outstanding school communication throughout the state.
The district received 14 awards in the contest, with each entry evaluated and scored independently by school communication professionals in the Wisconsin and California. Based on a scoring rubric, winning entries can receive (from lowest to highest honors) an Award of Merit, an Award of Excellence, or a Blue and Gold Award, given to entries recognized as best in the state for receiving the top overall score of 5 out of 5.
The district was honored with the following:
BLUE AND GOLD AWARDS
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- Excellence in Writing: Lumen Social-Emotional Learning Intro Copy
- Excellence in Writing: “We Remain Committed to Safety, Not Politics” Editorial
- Infographic: Mask How-To
- Infographic: STOP: Stay Home/Symptoms
- Video (long): Table Mound Mock Convention
- Video (short): Lincoln Mural Project
- Video (series): TEAM Healthy
- Video (series): American Education Week
AWARD OF MERIT
- Branding/Identity Package: VERTEX Initiative
“As a district, we believe that having outstanding schools relies on having an engaged, informed community,” said Mike Cyze, chief communication officer. “We work hard to proactively and transparently communicate to those we serve and we are pleased to be recognized for our work in doing so.”