The Dubuque Community School District was recently recognized for its communication efforts in the 2022 Iowa School Public Relations Association (ISPRA) Communication Contest, honoring outstanding school communication throughout the state.
The district received 13 awards in the contest, with each entry evaluated and scored independently by school communication professionals in other state chapters of the National School Public Relations Association. Based on a scoring rubric, winning entries can receive (from lowest to highest honors) an Award of Merit, an Award of Excellence, or a Blue and Gold Award, given to entries recognized as best in the state for receiving the top overall score of 5 out of 5.
The district was honored with the following:
BLUE AND GOLD AWARDS
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- Special Purpose: Lumen Social Emotional Learning Training Program
- Special Purpose: VERTEX Future Finder Events
- Video Series: Native American Heritage Month Series
- Video (short): Respect Week 2022
- Video (short): 20th Anniversary of 9/11 Moment of Silence
- Video (short): Elementary School Teacher Day
- Video (long): Kennedy Elementary Library Fundraiser and Donation
- Advertising: Join Our A+ Team
- Public Engagement: Mobile Registration and Employment Fair
- Excellence in Writing: Editorial: This school year must include looking to the future
“As a district, we believe that having outstanding schools relies on having an engaged, informed community,” said Mike Cyze, chief communication officer. “We work hard to proactively and transparently communicate to those we serve and we are pleased to be recognized for our work in doing so.”